Do you have a hungry crowd to feed first thing in the morning? It only takes 20 minutes to turn leftover chicken and a few deli shortcuts into these satisfying Chicken Fajita Breakfast Bowls full of crispy hash browns and Tex-Mex scrambled eggs. -[ultimate-recipe-jump]
There’s no shame in taking shortcuts in the kitchen. I don’t mean unhealthy shortcuts either. More like time saving shortcuts. You can find freshly prepared items in the produce department like the sliced onions and peppers you need to make these Chicken Fajita Breakfast Bowls. Probably my favorite shortcut is using Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns. You can feel good about them since they are always fresh, never frozen potatoes that go from farm, to fridge, to fork. I love that they are easy to prepare and involve less prep time than cooking with whole potatoes. Making these Chicken Fajita Breakfast Bowls an easy morning meal!
Chicken Fajita Breakfast Bowls
I’m partnering with Simply Potatoes® to give away three Free Product Coupons to one lucky reader. In addition to that you will also receive a brand new Le Creuset Stoneware Rectangular Baking Dish (12.5 inch x 8.25 inch) valued at over $50! Simply click the link below to visit the Simply Potatoes® website then come back and answer this question: What is your favorite potato dish?
In addition to grabbing pre-sliced fajita veggies I used fresh prepared pice de gallo from the produce area to make the easiest Corn and Black Bean Salsa. Chopping vegetables can definitely be therapeutic, when you have the time. Usually that isn’t on a busy weekday morning. You shouldn’t have to sacrifice a hearty breakfast though. We even used leftover chicken so the only thing you need to cook are the onions, peppers, and scramble eggs! The eggs even have a Tex-Mex spin with sour cream and my Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix. How easy is that?
These Chicken Fajita Breakfast Bowls are great for a crowd. Just set everything out so people can customize their own bowls!
I hope you like these Chicken Fajita Breakfast Bowls as much as my crew does. If you love this convenient Tex-Mex inspired recipe, you can find more like it by checking out my Taco section! For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to my newsletter, follow me on Instagram, and for generally inappropriate humor follow like me on Facebook!
Chicken Fajita Breakfast Bowls
- 1 14-ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1/4 cup pice de gallo from the deli
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups sliced bell peppers and onions from the produce section
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken leftover or rotisserie
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tbsp sour cream plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns cooked according to package directions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In medium bowl mix together black beans, corn, and pico de gallo. Add lime juice, stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium high heat. Add onions and peppers. Cook 4-5 minutes until charred and slightly soft. Set aside on a plate, cover with foil to keep warm.
- Reduced heat to medium, add chicken to skillet. Stir for 2-3 minutes to reheat. Add to covered plate.
- In a large bowl mix together eggs, sour cream, and taco seasoning. Reduce heat on skillet to medium low. Cook eggs to desired doneness. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns according to package directions.
- Serve in bowls with desired toppings.