Chicken Peperoncini Mini Pizzas have tender chicken in a creamy peperoncini sauce topped with melty Fontina cheese and roasted red bell peppers.
Chicken Peperoncini Mini Pizzas
It has been a few weeks since the bestie and I have had a chance to hang out in the casa kitchen, drinking wine and playing around with new recipes for the blog. Sure we have seen each other but it just doesn’t compare to the uninterrupted quite we get here on those days.
[bctt tweet=”Chicken Peperoncini Mini Pizzas #halftime #tailgate #football #hungry”]
We had the opportunity to spend an afternoon together earlier this week but things are a complete mess around the casa as we continue with our move. Since half the casa kitchen is packed away we decided to make a variety of snacks we want to have in a few weeks for the big game. These Chicken Peperoncini Mini Pizzas were inspired by a pizza the bestie use to eat at a local mom& pop Italian place. This recipe is an adaptation that only has 6 ingredients! Yes, from crust to toppings on 6 ingredients! As soon as he said peperoncini I immediately reached for the jar of Mezzetta peperoncini peppers in the pantry. Paul loves them on his pizza so there’s always a jar somewhere in the casa kitchen. I love their roasted red bell peppers so those went into the mix too. Refrigerated pizza crust, heavy cream and Fontina cheese completed our Chicken Peperoncini Mini Pizzas. I love how the peperoncini peppers just melted away into the sauce, giving it that distinct tangy flavor! Fresh parsley makes a good garnish if you have it on hand.
Looking for another way to have the best game day ever? Be sure to enter the Mezzetta Homegating Sweepstakes before January 26th, 2016! Winners are chosen at random plus will be notified and receive prize within 2 weeks. • Grand Prize (1) – 55” 4K LED TV plus the Mezzetta Homegating Party Pack including Mezzetta branded football, blanket, pint glasses (4), cooler, party tray, cocktail napkins, and a jar each of Mezzetta Whole Golden Greek Peperoncini, Deli-Sliced Tamed Jalapeños, Deli-Sliced Mild Pepper Rings, Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini, Roasted Bell Peppers and Deli-Sliced Roasted Bell Pepper Strips. • Runner Up Prizes (10) – Mezzetta Homegating Party Pack We had a blast party planning and chatting about the new casa. I know these Chicken Peperoncini Mini Pizzas will be a big hit on game day! What are you making for the big game? Share your Mezzetta recipe inspiration in the comments! Enjoy~ Loriann
Chicken Peperoncini Mini Pizzas
- 1 11-ounce refrigerated thin crust pizza dough
- 1 cup finely diced cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons mindce peperoncini peppers
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Fontina cheese divided
- 2 jarred roasted red bell peppers cut into thin slices
- Chopped parsly for garnish optional
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and peperoncini peppers, sauté 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and simmer 3-4 minutes. Mix in 3/4 cup cheese, stir until melted. Salt to taste. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Roll pizza dough out on a lightly floured surface. Use a 2-inch biscuit cutter to cut 12 rounds from dough. Place rounds on baking sheet.
- Top each crust with an even amount of chicken mixture, red bell pepper slices and remaining cheese.
- Bake 7-9 minutes until crispy and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with parsley if desired and serve hot.