This shop for Chipotle Brown Sugar Glazed Ham has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ad #MakeHeartburnHistory #CollectiveBias This flavorful Chipotle Brown Sugar Glazed Ham is guaranteed to spice up your next holiday gathering. Savory ham slow cooked and basted in a sweet and spicy brown sugar glaze.
Chipotle Brown Sugar Glazed Ham
I feel like we are on the official countdown to the holidays! Thanksgiving is only 2 weeks away and we are busy planning our celebration with friends and family. [bctt tweet=”Chipotle Brown Sugar Glazed Ham #holiday #mealplanning #spicy” username=”thyme4cocktails”] Things are going to be pretty crazy this year. The kiddo is still away for Army training and we don’t when his leave starts yet. And Paul’s mini is getting ready to relocate with his mom to Florida at the end of the year. Needless to say we are trying to pack as much family-time as possible into the casa kitchen over the next several weeks! You know we love to kick things up a few notches, so this year we are adding chiles of some kind to just about everything. My Chipotle Brown Sugar Glazed Ham, which uses an adaptation of my mom’s ham glaze, is always a crowd favorite. But you know how they say ‘the ones you love hurt you the most’? That’s me, spicy food and frequent heartburn! Luckily with Nexium® 24HR 42ct Tablets from Walgreens the casa crew can enjoy our time together without heartburn slowing me down!
Just one pill a day provides all-day, all-night protection from frequent heartburn – no matter what triggers it, including too many slices of this delicious ham. Nexium® 24HR may take 1-4 days for full effect so I am starting my battle against frequent heart burn a few days ahead of the big meal, right along with my recipe for Chorizo Apple Dressing! *Use as directed Be sure to check out these promos and in-store offers during the month of November:
- November 13, 2016 -National FSI – $5.00 coupon on Nexium 24HR (28 ct. and 42 ct.)
- November 1 – 30, 2016 – In-Store Walgreens coupon – $2.00 off Nexium 24HR (48 ct.)
- November 1 – 30, 2016 – Special price in-store – Two Nexium 24HR (28 ct.) for $40.00
Now that we have a plan to beat that pesky frequent heartburn, let’s talk about the BIG day. For most folks it wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without turkey. I guess we aren’t most folks, because around here we love pig. Ham on the big platter, chorizo in the stuffing and bacon in the sprouts. lolBut I can tell you from experience this brown sugar mix is good on just about anything, so go ahead and spice up that bird! Double or triple the recipe as needed for larger pieces of meat. How are you going to protect yourself from your holiday self with Nexium® 24HR? Enjoy~ Loriann
Chipotle Brown Sugar Glazed Ham
- 5-6 pound cooked ham
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place ham in a large roasting pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Coat ham with brown sugar paste.
- Pour stock into pan.
- Loosely cover ham with foil.
- Bake 15 minutes for every pound.
- Remove foil during last 30 minutes of cooking. Baste occasional with juices.
- Let rest 10-15 minutes before slicing. Serve warm.
- Double brown sugar mixture as needed.