Chicken.Bacon.Ranch.Chipotle. Take four of my favorite ingredients, wrap them in a tortilla and you have one happy food blogger. Chipotle Ranch Chicken Tacos are ridiculously tasty and ready in no time! Summer vacay at the casa is full of hungry mouths to feed. Normally Mr. B and I share a light lunch on work days but with the kid, and his teenage friends, underfoot I have had to step up my lunch game. They remind me of a nest of baby birds, mouths gaping, constantly chirping for their next meal! When I know the guys are going to be here for lunch tacos are my go-to solution. I have said it on many occasions, they will put pretty much anything in a tortilla. Not to mention we rarely have sandwich bread in the casa kitchen. This week I gave our traditional chicken tacos a make-over by seasoning the meat with ranch dressing mix instead of taco spices. The bonus was I had enough mix leftover to make a flavorful chipotle ranch topping. Add your favorite taco toppings for a new family favorite! What do you like on your tacos? Enjoy~ Mrs. B
Chipotle Ranch Chicken Tacos
- For the tacos~
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 1-ounce packet ranch dressing seasoning
- Corn or flour tortilla shells
- Desired taco toppings
- For the dressing~
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 1-ounce ranch dressing seasoning
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flake
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook bacon until desired crispiness. Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Chop into large pieces, set aside.
- Drain the majority of bacon fat out of the skillet, leaving approximately 1 tablespoon. Add chicken cubes to a large bowl. Sprinkle with half the ranch seasoning, toss to coat. Working in batches, cook chicken in bacon fat 3-5 minutes until done. Add bacon fat to skillet as needed.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ingredients for dressing. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Prepare tortillas according to package directions. Top each tortilla as desired with ingredients.