You can’t go wrong on busy weeknights when you make these easy 10-ingredient Taco Bell Copycat Beef Meximelts that are one part soft taco + one part quesadilla. Plus they are so much tastier than the ones you get from the drive-thru! –[ultimate-recipe-jump]
Taco Bell Copycat Beef Meximelts
It’s Tuesday and I need tacos after days of Thanksgiving leftovers! I love the idea of aTaco Bell but to be honest I just can’t stomach it anymore. Every few months I give it a shot but I always pay for it, the heartburn is brutal… This is one of those times when a remake at home is completely necessary.
I use my Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix but you could definitely substitute your own or use store-bought. Making seasoning mixes from scratch allows you to reduce the amount of salt typically found in prepared mixes. Nothing compares to fresh made pico de gallo. If you don’t have time to make your own just grab the fresh prepared stuff from your produce department. It’s the same thing, just less work!
You can make these cheesy 10-ingredient treats in a covered skillet on the stove by working in batches. Or you can put them on a sheet pan in the oven. You only want to heat them up long enough to melt the cheese. If you make them in the oven cover the Copycat Meximelts with foil so they tortillas steam slight while the cheese melts.
I hope you like our Taco Bell Copycat Beef Meximelts as much as my crew does. If you love this tasty Tex-Mex recipe, you can find more like it by checking out my Taco Recipe section! For recipe inspiration delivered to your inbox, subscribe to my newsletter, follow my photography journey on Instagram, and for generally inappropriate humor follow like me on Facebook!
Copycat Taco Bell Beef Meximelts
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 tbsp Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 medium Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1/2 small white onion diced
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and finely diced
- 2 tbsp Chopped cilantro
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 cup 3 cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 8 6-inch round flour tortillas
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef, taco seasoning, and beef stock. Stir to break up beef. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime juice. Set aside.
- Spoon an even amount of beef on each tortilla. Top with cheese and salsa. Fold tortillas in half.
- Heat a large non-stick covered skillet over medium heat. Working in batches add to skillet, cover, and warm approximately 1 minute to melt cheese. Serve immediately.