This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SunsOutSpoonsOut #CollectiveBias Summertime and ice cream go hand-in-hand. Take your favorite creamy treat to the next level with my Cuatro Leche Ice Cream Cake. It’s cake ice cream in an ice cream cake! This summer has been a little bittersweet for me. The kid will be a senior this fall, in fact school starts in less than 3 weeks! He plans to enlist after graduation and knowing this will be his last summer at home has me feeling pretty emotional. His friends are always stopping by the casa and I love having them underfoot. They are typical teenagers playing video games, texting and even Skyping with friends who are away for the summer. The one rule we have it is to put devices away when we eat, snacks included! Last week I dragged the kid to Walmart to pick up a few things for the holiday weekend. While we were there Blue Bunny had a demo featuring Premium Vanilla Ice Cream and Chips Ahoy cookies. Initially the kid wasn’t happy about helping me with errands but the allure of ice cream samples changed his attitude in a heartbeat. He is a very sociable young man and ended up chatting with the demo lady. He was really curious about her job and during their convo she told him about other demos coming up. He is already asking if we can plan a shopping trip to coincide with the next demo happening July 9 – 12 featuring Blue Bunny Vanilla Ice Cream and Hersheys. Check here to see if there is a demo near you this week! After the demo we took a stroll down the ice cream aisle to check out the new Blue Bunny flavors, visit their website to see them for yourself. My eyes immediately went to the new Cuatro Leches ice cream. It is vanilla ice cream with chunks of tres leches cake and a dulce de leche swirl. I absolutely love love love dulce de leche. It’s kinda like caramel but not exactly… We grabbed a container and headed home. This recipe was actually the kid’s idea, he thought it would be fun to make an ice cream cake. This is where the idea of an ice cream cake with cake ice cream came from! Visit the Blue Bunny Social Hub for more fun recipe ideas. I’d love to hear your favorite! Enjoy~ Loriann
Cuatro Leches Ice Cream Cake
- 1 1.75 qt carton Cuatro Leches Ice Cream
- 1 16-ounch pound cake
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup dulce de leche sauce
- Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap leaving a 6+ inch overhang, enough to wrap over the top of the cake.
- Slice pound cake in 3 even horizontal layers. Whisk together the 4 milks. Place bottom layer of cake in loaf pan and pour 1/3 milk mixture over cake. Repeat with two remaining layers. Wrap edges of plastic wrap over the top of the cake; refrigerate 2-3 hours until firm.
- Once set unwrap the cake leaving it in the loaf pan; remove the top 2 layers. Spread an even amount of dulce de leche on the bottom layer of cake. Spread the desired amount of softened ice cream on top of the dulce de leche. Place the middle layer of cake on next. Repeat with a layer of dulce de leche and ice cream. Place top of cake on last.
- Wrap edges of plastic wrap back over the top of the cake; freeze 2-3 hours until firm. Use the edges of plastic wrap to remove the cake from the loaf pan. Cut in 1 inch slices and serve immediately.