You are going to love how extremely delicious, simple to make, and super versatile this Easy Roast Chicken Quarters recipe is. Serve with a simple side or shred the meat for use in your favorite salads, sandwiches, and tacos. -[ultimate-recipe-jump]
There is nothing like the comforting smell of roast chicken at the end of a long day to make your mouth water. These Easy Roast Chicken Quarters are an inexpensive way to get dinner on the table quickly. You can also cook in bulk then shred the meat to use in meals during the week.
I am going to completely buck the system when it comes to the light vs dark meat chicken debate. Most people choose white meat breasts because they are admittedly leaner and lower in fat. The thing is, fat is flavor folks. There I said it. Dark meat has more flavor as far as I am concerned, not to mention it is a little more forgiving to cook. Face it, we’ve all overcooked a chicken breast before, but when was the last time you had a dried out tasting chicken thigh!
Easy Roast Chicken Quarters
This was one of my very first blog posts back in September of 2014. I figured it’s time to revamp my benign beginner posts with a few more details, a handy recipe plugin, and new pictures. I picked this post for two reasons. One is because it gets consistent traffic even without my makeover efforts. Plus this recipe can be tied into so many others like my Peach Barbecue Chicken Pizza or Layered Chicken Taco Salad.
Bone-in, skin-on dark meat chicken is typically the most economical meat you can buy. Basically these Easy Roast Chicken Quarters are cheap and tasty. Fresh garlic and thyme add a delicate flavor that is simply mouthwatering. Please also don’t forget about the crispy skin!
You can pair these guys with a simple side dish for a quick weeknight meal in a pinch. Once you master cooking bone-in chicken the possibilities for other recipes really open up. You can easily shred it for tacos, salads, or sandwiches.
I hope you like this Easy Roast Chicken Quarters recipe as much as my crew does. If you love this easy chicken recipe, you can find more like it by checking out my other chicken recipes! For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to my newsletter, follow me on Instagram, and for generally inappropriate humor follow like me on Facebook!
Easy Roast Chicken Quarters
- 2 pounds bone-in skin-on chicken quarters approximately 4 pieces
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves fresh garlic skins removed
- 6-8 sprigs fresh thyme leaves removed from woody stems
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels. In a small bowl mash together garlic and thyme. Rub chicken with garlic, place garlic under skin if desired.
- Place chicken in a large cast iron skillet or baking sheet. Drizzle chicken with olive oil. Generously season with salt and pepper.
- Roast chicken at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Turn oven temperature down to 375 degrees. Continue to cook chicken approximately 25-35 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove chicken from oven. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.