Faux Fish Tacos
You should have seen Paul’s expression last night when I described this recipe to him. It was deadpan, barely disguised mistrust. ‘What is this fishless filet you speak of?’ was his response… [bctt tweet=”Faux Fish Tacos #meatless #catchoftheday #tacoTuesday” username=”thyme4cocktails”] And you know what? Less than 30 minutes later he was stuffing his (big obnoxious) mouth with Faux Fish Tacos! I have been using more meatless options in recipes to help lighten things up around the casa kitchen. You should see the Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos we had recently! Homemade sweet potato chips topped with crumbled chipotle black bean burger, pepper jack queso and tons of veggies! What is your favorite better-for-you taco recipe? Enjoy~ Loriann
Faux Fish Tacos
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon adobe sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons honey or agave nectar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 3 scallions green parts thinly sliced
- 1 10-ounce package Gardein Fishless Filets
- 4-6 flour tortillas
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Limes wedges for garnish
- In a large bowl whisk together Greek yogurt, sour cream, lime juice and adobo sauce.
- Sweeten as desired, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cabbage, carrots and scallions toss to coat throughly.
- Prepare filets and tortillas according to package directions.
- Evenly divide filets between tortillas, top with cabbage mixture.
- Garnish with cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice if desired.
- Roll up and serve immediately.