I used my homemade Quick Dill Pickles in this recipe but you can substitute your favorite dill, spicy or sweet pickle!
the new Mrs. B
1 cup drained pickle chips
½ cup all purpose flour
½ cup mineral water
1½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. paprika
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
Peanut or vegetable oil for frying
1. Heat 1 inch of oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium high heat to 350 degrees F.
2. Lay pickles out on a paper towel lined baking sheet and pat dry.
3. Whisk flour, seasonings and water together in a medium bowl.
4. Add the pickles to the batter and stir to coat. Working in batches use a fork or slotted spoon to remove pickles, shake off excess batter and place one by one in the oil.
5. Fry for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oil and drain on a paper towel lined baking sheet. Serve immediately.
Prep time~ 10 minutes
Cook Time~ 20 minutes
The following local vendors contributed to this recipe~