Fried Pork Tenderloin Sliders ~ Crispy, pan-fried breaded pork tenderloin sliders topped with tangy pickles on soft yeast rolls.
Sometimes you just get a craving, right? For the last week I have wanted to sink my teeth into a delicious pork tenderloin sandwich, reminiscent of my childhood. Crispy, crunchy and absolutely delicious.
[bctt tweet=”Fried Pork Tenderloin Sliders #gameday #tailgate #pork #sliders”]
Growing up in a small midwest town the food was simple, local and made by the people you knew. One of my favorite treats was a freshly fried, homemade pork tenderloin sandwich with tangy, briny pickles.
Not a frozen, processed version but the real homemade deal. Now that our financial situation has drastically changed, I am back to shopping on a tight budget. Treats and cravings aren’t always going to be an option.
~ Fried Pork Tenderloin Sliders ~
We are lucky enough to live in a neighborhood with 6 different grocery stores within a few mile radius and I have always shopped around for the best deals. These pork tenderloin cutlets were marked down… it was their last day to sell so I got them more than half off! I paid $4 for 4 large cutlets and my craving was on the way to being satisfied!
I kept the flavors simple so the tender pork was the star of this sandwich. I seasoned the flour with salt, pepper and garlic powder then used Italian Bread Crumbs. Most cutlets should be large enough to get 2-3+ sliders out of each piece, depending if you double stack like I did. Tangy pickles compliment these simple, delicious Fried Pork Tenderloin Sliders perfectly!
- 8-12 yeast dinner rolls
- 4 large pork tenderloin cutlets
- 2-3 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk or water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Canola oil for frying
- Pickle slices for garnish
- Place a large cooling rack over a large baking sheet and set aside.
- Add flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder to a second baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs and milk/water in a third baking dish.
- Add bread crumbs to a baking dish.
- Generously salt and pepper pork cutlets.
- Place cutlet in flour, coating whole piece. Next dip in egg mixture, coating whole piece. Lastly place in bread crumbs, coating whole piece, pat breading into pork. Place on a sheet tray.
- Repeat process with remaining cutlets.
- Heat 2 inches oil to 350 degrees in a large deep skillet or Dutch oven.
- Fry cutlets 1 at a time, 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Place on cooling rack to rest.
- Cut each cutlet into slider sized pieces. Place on rolls with pickles for garnish.