My Fully Loaded Club Pasta Salad has all the classic tastes of a club sandwich in a creamy pasta salad. Bow tie pasta, tender turkey, savory ham and crispy bacon are combined with chunks of American cheese and tomatoes then tossed in a tangy mustard herb sauce. This is going to be a pretty short post. It can be a real struggle to be witty and engaging, especially under pressure. That’s assuming you find me entertaining on a normal day… who knows why people read this stuff. At least try the food; it is pretty damn good even if my attempts at conversation aren’t! I had everything ready for this post to go live last Friday. That would have given me a whole week to pimp it out on social media before the July 4th holiday. If I was a more organized blogger it would have been posted 3+ weeks ago *sigh* Well, last Friday I was hanging with my blogger buddy who runs CountryinAz.com. It’s cool to get out of the casa and work somewhere else for a change. It’s one of the great things about this gig, you can blog from pretty much anywhere. We started out having bagels with another gal pal but our power situation quickly became an issue. Basically our laptops were running out of juice and the ONLY outlet in the place was taken. We took our leave of said gal pal and bounced to a nearby establishment we both have ties too… a bar. If you follow me on Instagram you saw the killer power hook-up we got. Notice the pictures on the screen? Look familiar? Long story short (yes there was vodka involved) I forgot to write up this post. Which consequently turned out to be longer than I expected. So there you go. Have a safe and Happy Independence Day. Be responsible. And make this pasta salad at some point. It’s pretty bomb! Enjoy~ Loriann
Fully Loaded Club Pasta Salad
- 1 pound bow tie pasta
- 1 pound cooked turkey breast cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 pound cooked ham cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese cut into ½ inch cubes
- 6 small plum tomatoes quartered
- 1 small red onion diced
- For the dressing~
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon to desired doneness. Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Crumble and set aside.
- Prepare pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl. Toss to combine thoroughly. Chill until ready to serve.