You need to put down that greasy bag of calorie-heavy chips and make these healthier Garlicky Kale Chips that will satisfy your snack cravings with every crunchy bite. -[ultimate-recipe-jump]
We are always looking for healthier snack options. This time of year you can find all kinds of varieties of kale at farmers markets that are perfect for making these Garlicky Kale Chips. I used the every popular green curly kale for this batch. But other types like Tuscan kale are equally tasty. I love that you are not only cutting calories by using kale to make chips. This superfood adds a ton of healthy properties like vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber to your snack regime too.
Garlicky Kale Chips
I used a simple mix of kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, and garlic powder to make this batch. You can use different spices though, like my Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix, for variety though. Lemon pepper is another personal favorite. Mediterranean or a barbecue spice mix would be delicious too. You could even experiment with different types of flavored oils. My favorite Jalapeno Olive Oil would add a great kick!
Typically I make kale chips in the oven at a low setting, but you can also use a food dehydrator if you have one. Either way keep in mind that the kale will shrink quite a bit. So use more than you think you need. These Garlicky Kale Chips are pretty addictive too so make more than you think you want! lol
I hope you like these Garlicky Kale Chips as much as my crew does. If you love this healthy snack recipe, you can find more like it by checking out my Snack section! For recipe inspiration delivered to your inbox, subscribe to my newsletter, follow my photography journey on Instagram, and for generally inappropriate humor follow like me on Facebook!
Garlicky Kale Chips
- 10 large pieces curly kale washed and dried
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 275°F degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, set aside.
- Remove ribs from kale. Tear or cut leaves into large bite-sized pieces. Place pieces on baking sheet.
- Mix salt, pepper and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Drizzle kale with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with spice mixture. Toss with hands to thoroughly coated.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Flip kale and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes.