This post is sponsored by CAULIPOWER Cauliflower Tortilla but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Gluten free and packed with veggies – these cauliflower tortilla Green Chile Pork Tacos are full of a ground pork and rice taco mix seasoned with Hatch green chiles and Mexican spices.
Make Green Chile Pork Taco Filling
Mexican food is serious business in my family. That happens when you live in Arizona for 16 years and eventually marry a second-generation Mexican American. Let’s just say the tacos I make now are light years from the basic ground beef, crunchy corn shell version of my youth!
This Green Chile Pork filling for example is a mixture of ground pork and day old rice. You lightly sauté the rice along with white onions and Mexican spices. This toasts the rice and blooms the spices. Once you add the pork and green chiles – the rice will soak up all those delicious flavors! It’s a quick weeknight skillet you can use in burritos, enchiladas, or even a hearty while bean chili.
Regardless of how you plan to serve up this green chile taco mix – you will need tortillas. We literally ALWAYS have tortillas in the panty. And now we have my new favorite veggie-filled CAULIPOWER Cauliflower Tortillas in the freezer too. CAULIPOWER Cauliflower Tortillas are wheat and dairy-free, vegan, Non-GMO, and preservative-free. I like that they are gluten free with fewer calories, less fat, more fiber, and vitamin C. Find them in the freezer or refrigerator aisle of your grocery store.
Green Chile Pork Tacos
Green Chile Pork Filing
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium white onion diced
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1 tbsp Mexican oregano substitute regular oregano
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground cardamon
- 1 pound ground pork
- 8 ounces fresh roasted Hatch green chiles substitute canned green chiles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 CAULIPOWER Cauliflower Tortillas prepared according to package directions
- Optional topping Quick Cabbage Radish Salad
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, lightly sprinkle with kosher salt. Cook 2-3 minutes to soften.
- Stir in cooked rice. Season mixture with spices. Cook 1-2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Push rice mix to the outsides of the skillet. Turn heat up to medium high. Oil skillet lightly if needed. Add pork to center of skillet, break meat apart. Cook 2-3 minutes to brown. Slowly combine rice and meat together. Cook 3-4 more minutes until pork is cooked through.
- Mix green chiles into meat filling. Stir to combine completely. Remove from heat and serve warm on tortillas.
Quick Cabbage Radish Salad
A taco isn’t really a taco unless you have the right toppings! I made a quick cabbage and radish salad to balance out the rich, savoriness of this green chile pork taco filling.
- 1/2 medium white onion (hint the other half goes in the taco filling)
- 8-10 medium sized radishes
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded or fine chopped purple cabbage
- 1 medium bunch cilantro
- Juice of one large lime
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
To make the salad – dice the onion and radishes. Roughly chop the carrots to a similar size. Add to a large bowl along with the cabbage. Remove stems from cilantro and roughly chop leaves. Add desired amount to the salad. Squeeze lime over vegetables and drizzle with honey. Toss to combine completely. Salt and pepper to taste.
I hope you like these Green Chile Pork Tacos as much as I do! If you love this delicious green chile recipe, you can find more like it by checking out my Taco section! For recipe inspiration delivered to your inbox, subscribe to my newsletter, follow my photography journey on Instagram, and for generally inappropriate humor follow like me on Facebook!