Hawaiian Pulled Pork Tacos with Pineapple Salsa have homemade crunchy corn taco shells full of tangy pulled pork that is made with a hint of whiskey then fried to caramelized perfection. Top with fresh pineapple salsa for the perfect island inspired treat!
Hawaiian Pulled Pork Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
Today is my first day off in about 2 weeks and I am thrilled to have a little time to myself! Paul just walked out the door to head off to a new job site and I have a fresh glass of iced coffee by my side. My MIL was supposed to be in town yesterday but we rescheduled for the weekend so she can be here to celebrate Paul’s birthday this weekend! [bctt tweet=”Hawaiian Pulled Pork Tacos with Pineapple Salsa #tacoTuesday #leftovers #pork #goodness” username=”thyme4cocktails”] Which means we are surviving on the never-ending leftovers in the fridge tonight! Last week I made a HUGE batch of Hawaiian Pulled Pork and froze half of it just for this reason. As much as I cook for the blog it is tough to eat our way through everything right away, plus I like to repurpose ingredients to mix things up. Just wait until you see the Hawaiian Pulled Pork Fried Rice I made over the weekend! Yep, 3 recipes out of one pork butt! I was chatting the other day about how obsessed I have been with fresh pineapple and my Pineapple Salsa is hands down the best addition to these Hawaiian Pulled Pork Tacos with Pineapple Salsa. I love how the sweet, slightly spicy salsa enhances the tangy chili sauce in the pork. Give ’em a squeeze of lime juice, topped with chopped cilantro and you are set! Enjoy~ Loriann
Hawaiian Pulled Pork Tacos
- 6 small corn tortillas
- 2-3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound Hawaiian Pulled Pork
- 2 cups Pineapple Salsa
- 1 large lime cut into wedges for garnish
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush tortillas lightly with oil. Place each one so they are hanging down over a rung of your oven rack, to create an upside down taco shell.
- Bake 5-7 minutes until crispy. Set aside to cool.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons oil a large skillet over medium hight heat.
- Add Hawaiian Pulled Pork and fry until slightly crispy.
- Evenly divide pork between shells.
- Top with desired amount of Pineapple Salsa.
- Squeeze with lime wedges if desired and serve immediately.