These Honey Lime Chicken Chopped Salads are full of tender grilled chicken, black beans, charred corn, roasted red peppers, and fresh tomatoes tossed with chopped greens. Top with crumbled cotija cheese and a drizzle of Honey Lime Vinaigrette for a summer salad win!
August is right around the corner and I am counting the days until the kid leaves for basic training. Sometimes I forget, then it creeps up out of nowhere and hits me. Like Sunday when we were at the farmers market, and one of the vendors asked him if he is excited about the upcoming experience. It makes me pause… I want this summer to be full of amazing family memories so we have a ton of activities planned like road trips, camping and visiting with friends. But my favorite is the family time we spend together at home. Sundays are our day to watch movies, play games, and generally just chill out after the farmers market.
Honey Lime Chicken Chopped Salads
The kid and I made these yummy Honey Lime Chicken Chopped Salads topped with Honey Lime Vinaigrette together. After that we camped out for a ‘How I Met Your Mother’ marathon. It is one of his favorite shows and I love how excited he gets watching! These are the mother-son memories I cherish.
What I really love about these delicious Honey Lime Chicken Chopped Salads is that the vinaigrette doubles as a marinade for the chicken. You will love how it is full of tangy southwest flavor!
I charred the corn and peppers to give the salads an extra layer of flavor. They balance really well with the fresh veggies while black beans add creaminess.
It was a great day hanging with the kid. And I don’t want to miss any opportunity for spending time with him over the next 75 days. Yes folks, 75 days…
- 1 pound fresh chicken tenders
- ¼ cup Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- 1-2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-2 ears fresh corn, husks and silks removed
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into quarters
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 cups packed, chopped salad greens
- ¼ cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- Additional Honey Lime Vinaigrette for garnish
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- In a medium bowl, toss chicken with vinaigrette. Chill at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, cook 2-3 minute on each side until done. Set aside on a plate to rest.
- Add corn and pepper to skillet. Sear on all sides until slightly charred.
- Carefully cut kernels from corn cobs.
- Dice roasted pepper.
- Toss vegetables with salad greens, drizzle with desired amount of vinaigrette, top with crumbled cheese and cilantro.
I hope you like these Honey Lime Chicken Chopped Salads as much as we do. If you love this delicious salad recipe, you can find more like it by checking out my Salad section! For recipe inspiration delivered to your inbox, subscribe to my newsletter, follow my photography journey on Instagram, and for generally inappropriate humor follow like me on Facebook!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SnackBrighter #CollectiveBias