Mandarin Chicken Salad
You know I am always at the farmers market picking up fresh local produce to feed the casa crew. For the last few weeks we have been stepping up our foodie game and watching what we eat a little more than recent months. Less pasta, leaner meats, more veggies tacos… that kind of thing. [bctt tweet=”Mandarin Chicken Salad with Sweet and Sour Vinaigrette #salad #lunch #yummy” username=”thyme4cocktails”] And I have been reaching for more greens to create delicious salads even the guys love. A few weeks ago I made Philly Cheesesteak Mason Jar Salads that Paul declared a total win. It’s definitely a guy’s kind of salad with roast beef, provolone cheese and a tangy Peperoncini Vinaigrette. If you follow me on Snapchat then you saw a recent snap where I was marinating chicken for various salads. One of those was for this Mandarin Chicken Salad. Grilled chicken, fresh greens, carrots, snap peas, mandarin oranges and crunchy noodles make this an easy, delicious summer salad. The Sweet and Sour Vinaigrette would make a great marinade too! Are you getting tired of salads yet? Share you recent favorite in the comments! Enjoy~ Loriann
Mandarin Chicken Salad with Sweet and Sour Vinaigrette
- For the chicken~
- 1/2 pound chicken tenders
- 1/4 cup mandarin orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/2 piece ginger
- For the salad~
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 cup mandarin oranges drained
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- 2 scallions green parts only sliced
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Desired amount of Sweet and Sour Vinaigrette
- Add chicken and marinade to a plastic zippered bag. Let sit 30 minutes.
- Preheat a medium non-skillet over medium high heat. Remove chicken from marinade, pat dry. Salt and pepper. Cook 4-5 minutes on each side until done. Set aside to rest 5 minutes. Cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- Toss greens, carrots, snap peas and oranges together with desired amount of dressing. Top with chicken, chow mein noodles, scallions and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.