We are firm believers that anything is good in, on or wrapped up in a tortilla. It doesn’t matter if they are corn or flour, we eat a ton of tortillas. Naturally when I have leftovers that is the first thing we reach for. Paul can eat his way through several Meatball Quesadillas in no time! [bctt tweet=”Meatball Quesadillas #snacks #hungry #munchies”] In this case it was leftover meatballs. Add in a ton of cheese and a jar of pizza sauce for a quick, tasty dinner that’s on the table in no time. Oh, did I mention how much we LOVE cheese? As you can image all of those things wrapped up together make a pretty tasty meal! I make meatballs in big batches, then freeze them for quick, easy recipes like these gooey Meatball Quesadillas. You could definitely substitute store-bought/prepared items though. I have found that soft taco sized tortillas are best for making quesadillas. Not too big, not too small! What is your favorite leftover that would rock a cheesy quesadilla? Enjoy~
- 8 flour tortillas
- 24 mini meatballs roughly chopped
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara or pizza sauce
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Lay the tortillas on a clean cutting surface. Evenly divide meatballs, cheese and sauce on half of each tortilla. Fold the tortillas in half.
- Working in batches place tortillas in the skillet, cook until browned and cheese melts. Approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Serve hot with a side of sauce.