This shop has been compensated by Albertsons. All opinions are mine alone. #StockUpOnDelMonte #Albertsons #CollectiveBias
Have dinner on the table in 25 minutes with this Mexican Chicken and Rice Skillet! Tender chunks of chicken with rice, black beans, onions, peppers, corn & stewed tomatoes. Serve in lettuce wraps, tortillas or by itself!
With all the major changes happening around the casa recently I have been focusing on quick, easy meals using pantry staples. We spent a few days up north with my in-laws to gain perspective on the situation and make a plan for the future. Now that we are back in the valley I need low maintenance, filling meals to keep us all going.
[bctt tweet=”Mexican Chicken and Rice Skillet #dinner #spicy #food “]
Knowing our food budget is limited, stocking up on canned goods is even more important now. When I saw that Albertsons was having a Stock Up Sale I immediately headed over to grab essentials to get us through the next several weeks.
This Mexican Chicken and Rice Skillet is so quick and easy because I use Del Monte Stewed Tomatoes and Del Monte Golden Sweet Whole Kernel Corn. Add chicken, fresh veggies, rice and beans for a delicious weeknight meal. Del Monte Stewed tomatoes are great because they have flavor built right in.
You can find these and other Del Monte products in the canned good aisle of your local Albertsons store. Be sure to shop their great Stock Up Sale from 9/30-10/13.
Skillet meals are a favorite when we are short on time. I love being able to add a combination of pantry staples with fresh items all in 1 pan and have dinner ready in no time. A little bit of chili powder and cumin enhance the other ingredients without overwhelming them.
This skillet meal is great because you can serve it multiple ways. Tortillas are our go to favorite, but lettuce wraps and taco bowls are great too. We kept the topping simple with diced tomatoes and chopped cilantro but you could always use your favorite taco toppings… i.e. sour cream, cheese, salsa, etc…
How will you stock up at Albertons and create great, easy meals?
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, mined
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup rice
- 1 can Del Monte Stewed Tomatoes
- 1½ cup chicken stock
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Del Monte Golden Yellow Whole Kernel Corn
- Heat oil in a large covered skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and brown 2-3 minutes. Removed and set aside on a plate.
- Add onion and peppers to skillet, cook 3-4 minutes. Lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Stir in rice, garlic and seasonings, cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add stewed tomatoes, chicken and chicken stock. Bring to a low boil.
- Cover skillet, reduce heat to low and simmer 8 minutes.
- Stir in beans and corn, cook 4-5 minutes until rice is tender.
- Serve immediately.