This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SwapMilk4Silk #CollectiveBias Get ready for football season by making these delicious Mini Buffalo Chicken Subs with Ranch Slaw. Crockpot buffalo chicken and dairy-free ranch slaw are piled on a toasted mini sub roll in this is easy, make-ahead recipe! Am I the only one that is absolutely ready for fall? Temperatures are still well into the triple digits here in Phoenix but with school back in session all I can think about are longer days, crisper, cooler weather and the ultimate autumn fall past time… Football! My trusty crockpot is a loyal companion, providing us with tasty low-maintenance meals all season long. [bctt tweet=”Mini Buffalo Chicken Subs with Ranch Slaw #SwapMilk4Silk #ad #buffalo #ranch #gameday”] The days aren’t the only thing that slow down in the fall, my activity level does too. Plenty of Saturday afternoons at the casa are devoted to crashing on the couch with a delicious treat in hand. In an effort to keep the calories reasonable I have been using non-dairy ingredients in some of my dishes. Like substituting Silk Almond Milk for regular milk in my homemade ranch dressing. Ranch Slaw is the perfect accompaniment to these Mini Buffalo Chicken Subs. Silk Almond Milk is a delicious non-dairy milk, with 50% more calcium than dairy milk, and absolutely no cholesterol and no saturated fat. They also have shelf stable, single serve portions. I like that it is verified by the Non-GMO Project’s product verification program. When the kid saw the single serve Chocolate Almond Milk at Wal Mart he tossed it our basket. He adds it to his protein shakes in the morning before school for a great way to start the day. Be sure to check out more delicious recipes at NurturingandNutritious.com This weekend was the first pre-season NFL game. I just wanted to relax and watch the game after a long day at the farmers market, working on the blog and chores around the house. The guys were thrilled to have Mini Buffalo Chicken Subs on the menu and I was happy they are so easy to make. I like to amp up basic buffalo sauce with lots of garlic and black pepper. You can cut your own veggies for the slaw (matchstick size was just right for our subs) or if you want an easier option, use pre-cut veggies. The size really depends on personal preference! Play around with the ranch dressing too, it is such a versatile recipe you can customize. Share your favorite way to #SwapMilk4Silk in the comments! Enjoy~ Loriann
Mini Buffalo Chicken Subs with Ranch Slaw
- For the chicken~
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breast
- 1 12-ounce bottle buffalo sauce
- 6 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken stock if needed
- For the slaw~
- 4 large ribs celery cut into matchstick sized pieces (approx. 2 cups)
- 2 large lcarrots cut into matchstick sized pieces (approx. 2 cups)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions green part only
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flake
- 3-4 tablespoons plain unsweetened almond milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 mini sub rolls
- For the chicken~
- Add chicken, garlic, hot sauce and pepper to crockpot. Add stock if needed so liquid covers chicken. Cook on low 6 hours until chicken is cooked through. Remove garlic cloves, shred chicken with forks.
- For the slaw~
- Add mayonnaise, herbs and seasonings to a jar. Add 2 tablespoons almond milk, shake to combine. Add additional almond milk to reach desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss carrots and celery in desired amount of ranch dressing.
- Serve buffalo chicken on sub rolls, top with slaw.