This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpreadTheMagic #CollectiveBias Check out this childhood flavor combo turned into a delicious dessert. Mini Peanut Butter Pound Cakes with Strawberry Jelly Glaze! Rich buttery peanut butter pound cake drizzled with a sweet strawberry jelly glaze. This recipe has been more than a year in the making folks. Last fall I got the insanely great idea to make a PB&J cake. And not just a cake with a peanut butter and/or jelly topping. But specifically a peanut butter cake. Pound cake is my easiest go-to recipe so I adapted from there. [bctt tweet=”Mini Peanut Butter Pound Cakes with Strawberry Jelly Glaze #dessert #sweets #cake”] Part of the debate with this recipe was whether to use creamy or crunchy peanut butter. Paul is a fan of crunchy but I like things a little smoother. When I saw the new Peter Pan® Simply Ground Peanut Butter at Walmart I knew we had a winner. The new blend is a mix of both so you never have to choose between creamy or crunch again! With this unique new peanut butter you can have the best of both worlds. It is also a great choice because it doesn’t have any artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. Something we love in the casa kitchen.
The topping for these Mini Peanut Butter Pound Cakes with Strawberry Jelly Glaze is super easy to make too. It is just a combination of strawberry jelly/preserves, confectioners sugar and lime juice. You can substitute lemon juice (which I have used before) and use your favorite flavored jelly. The guys are already asking for a grape jelly version! Looking for a great fall/holiday gift? Make a big batch of glaze, divide into jars and attach a printed copy of the recipe along with a container of Peter Pan® Simply Ground Peanut Butter. Everyone will love the texture, perfectly creamy with a bit of crunch… and unlike some peanut butters, there’s no need to stir before you enjoy it. The wide-mouth jar makes it’s perfect for dipping and snacking too!
It’s the perfect gift for your favorite teacher, best friend or even your boss for #NationalBossesDay on Oct 16th.
How will your crew enjoy the new Peter Pan® Simply Ground Peanut Butter? Share your favorite PB&J memories in the comments!
Mini Peanut Butter Pound Cakes with Strawberry Jelly Glaze
- For the cake~
- 1 cup salted butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- For the glaze~
- 1/2 cup strawberry jelly/jam/preserves
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 cup confectioners sugar sifted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a mini-bundt or regular bundt pan with non-stick spray, set aside.
- In a stand mixer, add butter and sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add peanut butter and beat until well combined.
- Add eggs to mixer one at a time, beating each until well combined.
- Add vanilla and salt.
- Mix in milk and flour in approximate thirds, alternating each, starting and ending with flour until just incorporated. Do not over mix!
- Evenly pour batter into pan/s.
- Bake 45-50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, Remove from pan and cook on a wire rack.
- Add jelly and citrus juice to a medium sauce pan. Heat to low, slowly whisking.
- Slowly whisk in sugar, working in thirds.
- Pour glaze over warm cakes. If making glaze ahead of time, microwave in 10 second increments until warm.