This shop for Mongolian BBQ Sweet Potato Tacos has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GiantEagleDelivers #CollectiveBias
If you need the perfect gluten-free, vegetable friendly recipe to get back on track with your healthy eating goals in the new year make these Mongolian BBQ Sweet Potato Tacos full of bold flavors. -[ultimate-recipe-jump]
The last part of 2017 was absolutely crazy! If you follow me on Instagram then you know we finally found the perfect home after months of searching and moved in right before the holidays! The kid was home on leave from the Army for a visit on top of moving. Needless to say our healthy eating goals definitely slipped to the wayside during the hustle and bustle.
Mongolian BBQ Sweet Potato Tacos Recipe
My saving grace through it all is the convenience of the new Curbside Delivery program at Giant Eagle. Our local store is only two miles away, but for a busy working gal it might as well be two million! There isn’t much time in my day for extended shopping trips between settling into our new home, running a business, and managing family responsibilities.
I love multi-tasking with Giant Eagle’s Curbside Delivery program and shopping on the fly. tbh the other day I placed an order for a ton of fresh produce while walking on the treadmill at the gym. My personal shopper even called before putting the order together because I forget to add my shoppers card to my account. She wanted to be sure I got the best price possible! Giant Eagle will even waive the delivery fee for your first order.
Mongolian BBQ Sweet Potato Tacos
You can schedule your order for delivery in as soon as 4+ hours or up to seven days in advance. The service doesn’t require a minimum order either. Which is great if you just need a few fresh items for dinner to make recipes like my Mongolian BBQ Sweet Potato Tacos. On the flip side the delivery is really great when you need to stock up on kitchen basics and bulky household items too!
We are in total detox mode after eating like my 20 year old for a few weeks so healthier, meatless meals are on the menu. These Mongolian BBQ Sweet Potato Tacos are the perfect GF veggie friendly recipe to get me back on track with my healthy eating goals. The leftover sweet potatoes are really yummy in a cauliflower rice bowl or lettuce wraps for lunch too!
You can use your favorite gluten free Asian inspired BBQ sauce in this Mongolian BBQ Sweet Potato Tacos recipe. I have made this recipe with a semi-homemade sauce made from Giant Eagle products (which is not GF), but I included a scratch-made version below that is. Folks a shortcut here and there is just fine as busy as we all are!
What are your healthy eating goals for the new year? Are you ready to try out Giant Eagle’s Curbside Delivery program?
I hope you like this Mongolian BBQ Sweet Potato Tacos recipe as much as my crew does. If you love this easy veggie taco recipe, you can find more like it by checking out my Taco section! For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to my newsletter, follow me on Instagram, and for generally inappropriate humor follow like me on Facebook!
Mongolian BBQ Sweet Potato Tacos
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic grated + divided
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp grated ginger divided
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cups grated broccoli stems
- 1 small carrot grated
- 1/4 cup grated red cabbage
- 4 scallions - chopped green parts only
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 6-8 small corn tortillas
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking tray with foil. Toss sweet potatoes with 2-3 tbsp oil, place on pan. Season with salt and pepper. Roast 25 minutes or until tender. Set aside once done.
- In a small sauce pan mix together ketchup, stock, brown sugar, tomato paste, soy sauce, 2 cloves grated garlic, 1/2 tbsp grated ginger, and fish sauce. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10-15 minutes until thickened. Season with pepper as desired.
- Toss roasted sweet potatoes with desired amount of BBQ sauce.
- In a medium bowl whisk together rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, plus remaining garlic, ginger, and olive oil. Add broccoli, carrots, cabbage, and scallions. Toss to coat completely.
- Heat tortillas in a non-stick pan until slightly browned. Fill with sweet potatoes and top with broccoli slaw. Garnish with sesame seeds, serve warm.