This One Pot Roasted Garlic Spaghetti with Chicken Kielbasa and Broccoli is fresh and flavorful with white wine, lemon, sage and 2 full bulbs of roasted garlic.
Who doesn’t love a one pot meal right, especially as we try to get back into a post holiday routine. Paul and I are actively looking for a new place to live, and starting to pack up the casa.
One Pot Roasted Garlic Spaghetti
Since we are downsizing, it’s important for me to figure out what I really need in the casa kitchen. We might have found a place, and it’s only 611 sq ft! 1 year in a 1 bedroom!
[bctt tweet=”One Pot Roasted Garlic Spaghetti #onepotmeals #SundaySupper” username=”thyme4cocktails”]
That isn’t much room folks, but it’s in a gated community, and in a good area that is easily accessible. The kitchen is beyond tiny which means focusing on cooking meals that don’t need much cookware. And this One Pot Roasted Garlic Spaghetti is the perfect solution!
Roasted garlic is hands down one of the yummiest ingredients you can add to any dish. I have been known to smear an entire bulb on a crusty baguette, then spend the evening drinking wine and dipping chunks of bread in elegantly aged balsamic vinegar.
This roasted garlic spaghetti was inspired by the chicken kielbasa which has the same flavor profile. Lemon, sage and white wine are a delicious pairing with chicken, which makes this easy pasta dish a win-win!
Keep in mind you may need to adjust the amount of liquid in this One Pot Roasted Garlic Spaghetti. Between the wine and stock, this recipe calls for 2 1/2 cups liquid which produces a pretty loose sauce, even once you add the cheese.
Play around with the amounts if you want a tighter sauce. Need to skip the wine? Just use all stock instead.
What is your favorite one-pot meals?
One Pot Roasted Garlic Spaghetti with Chicken Kielbasa and Broccoli
- 1 pound roasted garlic chicken kielbasa cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 2 cups bite-sized broccoli florets
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 2 bulbs roasted garlic skins discarded
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken or veggie stock
- 1 pound spaghetti pasta
- 1/2 tablespoon finely diced fresh sage
- 1/2 cup freshly grated sharp provolone cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add sausage, brown 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in broccoli, sauté 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in shallots, garlic, and lemon zest, cook 1-2 minutes.
- Generously salt and pepper.
- Deglaze with wine, stir in stock.
- Bring to a boil and add pasta.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium low and simmer 7-8 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Remove from heat. Add lemon juice, sage and cheese, toss to coat. Serve immediately.