Try this tangy, slightly creamy Peperoncini Vinaigrette on your next steak salad, as a marinade for grilled chicken or even in a pasta salad.
I have been working on a series new salad recipes and inventive dressings to go with them. Did you see the Sun Dried Tomato Bacon Vinaigrette I posted recently? It is so damn delicious!
[bctt tweet=”Peperocinni Vinaigrette #summer #salads #delicious” username=”thyme4cocktails”]
This Peperoncini Vinaigrette is perfect for the Philly Cheesesteak Mason Jar Salad I am sharing this week. It has all the flavors and components of a Philly cheesesteak sandwich in a travel-ready mason jar.
I love the flavor and slight spice of peperocinni peppers. We eat them on sandwiches, sprinkle them on pizza and even made a Creamy Greek Peperoncini Penne. They really are a tasty little pepper!
Rather than stick with a traditional oil based vinaigrette, I added a little Greek yogurt for creaminess and to help the dressing emulsify. You can customize this recipe by adjusting the amount of dill and pepper juice. Red wine vinegar will give it a good tang without the slight spice you get from the liquid the peperoncini peppers are packed in.
What favorite salad would you use this Peperoncini Vinaigrette on?
- 1-2 peperoncini peppers
- ½ small shallot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 2-3 tablespoons pepper juice or red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add peppers, shallot and garlic to a food processor. Pulse to finely chop.
- Add to a jar or other lidded container.
- Add remaining ingredients to jar. Close and shake vigorously to combine. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.