These Philly Cheesesteak Mason Jar Salads have all the components of your favorite sandwich in a convenient mason jar salad.
Layers of crisp iceberg lettuce, spinach, onions, peppers, thinly sliced roast beef, grated provolone cheese and crunchy croutons tossed in a creamy Peperoncini Vinaigrette.
Philly Cheesesteak Mason Jar Salads
I have been trying to get this post finished for daaays but the casa has been crazy busy with graduation prep activities! But now the kid is no longer really a kid (at least on paper!) and I finally have some time to get back to work.
[bctt tweet=”Philly Cheesesteak Mason Jar Salads #masonjar #salads #Philly #cheesesteak” username=”thyme4cocktails”]
Paul and I have really been struggling to find some one-on-one time lately so last week I dragged him out of the house for a picnic in the greenbelt behind the casa. We were only 20 yards from our backdoor but it felt like a whole other world.
And it was just what we needed to reconnect before diving into graduation week!
If your guy is anything like mine salads are not at the top of his lunch list so when I pulled these Philly Cheesesteak Mason Jar Salads out of the basket he was pretty skeptical. He’s not a straight veggie guy but once he realized there was roast beef and my Peperoncini Vinaigrette involved he was totally on board!
And we couldn’t skip dessert so I made Mini Strawberry Lime Freezer Pies to go with our picnic! What is your favorite kind of mason jar salad?
- Desired amount of Peperoncini Vinaigrette
- 6 slices deli roast beef, roughly chopped
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced root to tip
- 1 small green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated provolone cheese
- 4 cups roughly chopped iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups roughly chopped spinach
- 1 cup croutons
- Starting in the order listed, evenly divide and layer each ingredient into large mason jars.
- Store in the refrigerator for until ready to eat. Shake to coat with dressing or dump into a bowl before serving.