These sweet and spicy Raspberry Chipotle Chicken Legs are easy to make for your hungry crew. With only 5 ingredients these are bound to be your summertime go-to recipe!
Raspberry Chipotle Chicken Legs
With spring right around the corner we have been trying out fun new recipes for the grill. Granted we don’t have a grill yet, except our little hibachi, but it definitely on our wish list for the future. But that doesn’t mean I can’t dream up easy, delicious recipes like these Raspberry Chipotle Chicken Legs.
[bctt tweet=”Raspberry Chipotle Chicken Legs #grilling #spring #sweet #spicy”]
On several occasions I have used this raspberry chipotle flavor combo on wings, but unless I can find wings on sale they get pricy. Especially when feeding 2 hungry guys. So when I found a big package of chicken legs on sale I knew it was the perfect pairing. You really can’t beat 16 legs for $4! Yes, $4!
Jams and jellies make great toppings for meat, you just need to be careful not the burn them because of all the sugars. The trick is to wait until the very end of your cooking process to brush the glaze on.
Spicy adobe sauce really balances out the sweetness of the jam. I used a seedless raspberry jam because picking seeds out of your teeth is a real pain. A sprinkle of chopped cilantro adds a southwest herbiness.
What is your favorite summertime chicken recipe?
- 16 chicken legs
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons adobe sauce
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil, place an oven-safe cooling rack on baking sheet.
- Place chicken legs on rack. Brush with oil, generously salt and pepper.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together jam and adobe sauce. Brush half glaze on chicken. Bake an additional 10-12 minutes until done.
- Brush legs with remaining glaze and let rest 10 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve warm.
This post contains affiliate links