Taco Tuesday doesn’t have to be difficult when you make these Slow Cooker Pork Mole Tacos for dinner this week. Top with pickled radishes for a spicy crunch.
Paul and I have been craving tacos, authentic Mexican tacos, since leaving Arizona. Actually more than tacos, don’t forget the chile rellenos, pozole rojo, and our all time favorite tamales. There is a Mexican carneceria near our place I’m excited to explore soon for supplies, but until then I took a short cut for dinner.
Slow Cooker Pork Mole Tacos
These Slow Cooker Pork Mole Tacos could have just as easily been pork enchilada tacos. There was a jar each of mole sauce and enchilada sauce in the cabinet. Since I was too busy that day binge watching House of Cards, why not let Facebook decide?! lol
The mole sauce won hands down which caused me to realize that mole is excellent on pork. The sauce in this recipe is from World Market, and after some research it looks like it may be discontinued. You might be able to find it somewhere else though.
Back to House of Cards, are you getting ready for season 5? I am sooo excited to see what Francis and Claire are up to this season in their quest for the Oval office. Political thrillers are my jam, the suspense gets to me. These the perfect lazy day tacos and even the pickled radishes are super easy to make.
In fact I made the radishes when the mole pork went into the slow cooker and they were ready at the same time. Pretty darn convenient if you ask me! Cookie and Kate‘s recipe for Spicy Quick Pickled Radishes are an excellent compliment to the richness of these Slow Cooker Pork Mole Tacos. I did add extra garlic and amped up the spice level a little.
Are you a fan of mole sauce? What is your favorite shortcut taco recipe?
Slow Cooker Mole Pork Tacos
- 2-3 tbsp canola oil
- 3-4 pound pork shoulder or pork butt
- 1 large yellow onion roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic smashed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken or beef stock
- 1 16-ounce jar mole sauce
- Pickled radishes for garnish
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Cut pork into 2-3 inch large pieces. Generously salt and pepper meat on all sides.
- Heat oil to a medium high heat in a large cast iron skillet. Add pork to skillet and sear on all sides.
- Put onions and garlic in slow cooker, pour stock over top.
- Place pork on top of onions, top with mole sauce.
- Cook 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high until pull apart tender.
- Shred and place in warm tortillas. Garnish as desired and serve immediately.