Burger lovers rejoice! Sink your teeth into this juicy Southwest Meatloaf Burger full of bold southwest flavor. The tangy green chile mayo, fresh corn tomato salsa, and a drizzle of spicy enchilada sauce will make you long for a fiesta! -[ultimate-recipe-jump]
This post is part of a kick butt burger grill giveaway hosted by GirlCarnivore but the burger epicness is all my own. Scroll down for a chance to win the Ultimate Burger Grilling Kit in honor of #BurgerMonth 2108!
If you love meatloaf as much as we do then this Southwest Meatloaf Burger is going to be your new favorite recipe! We are always making sandwiches with leftover meatloaf. So why not make a burger out of this family favorite!
Southwest Meatloaf Burger
We’ve put a southwest twist on this classic recipe by making it with crushed corn chips, salsa, and plenty of fresh cilantro. Those same fresh flavors are echoed through the corn tomato salsa. It’s a combo you just can’t resist. You also can’t resist entering for a chance to win the Ultimate Burger Grilling Kit. Be sure to scroll down and enter to win!!
To make the Green Chile Mayo simply mix together 4 ounces canned green chiles, excess liquid drained off, and two cups quality mayonnaise. For a smoother sauce blend in a food processor.
I hope you like this Southwest Meatloaf Burger as much as my crew does. If you love these delicious burger recipe, you can find more like it by checking out BurgerMonth.com! For recipe inspiration delivered to your inbox, subscribe to my newsletter, follow my photography journey on Instagram, and for generally inappropriate humor follow like me on Facebook!
Burger Month Prize Package includes –
- American Lamb Board – Ground lamb, cutting board and apron
- Anolon – Anolon SureGrip Cutlery Bronze 3 Piece Chef Set & Anolon Advanced Bronze 11″ Deep Square Grill Pan w/ Pour Spouts
- Cabot Cheese – $25 Cabot Legacy Gift box – Includes eight bars of Cabot Cheddar, cheese knife, and a wine opener. Award-winning cheese brought to you by the 1,000 farm families who own Cabot Creamery Co-operative.
- Crow Canyon Home – Red Marble Enamelware Prize Box 1 each: Red Marble Jelly Roll Tray, Red Marble Oval Platter, Red Rim Large Open Roaster, Red Marble 6-cup muffin pan
- Melissa’s Produce – Grilling Veggie Box
- Microplane – Herb And Salad Chopper, Microplane Elite Series Extra Coarse Grater, Microplane Spice Mill
- New York Beef Council – Beef, It’s What’s for Dinner Swag Bag including tote, knives, oven mitt and apron
- Red Duck – Gourmet Ketchup Variety
- Spiceologist – 4 Rub Grilling Spice Set
- Veal Made Easy – 5 lbs Veal and grilling gear
- Weber Grilling Pack – Weber Tumbler and Weber Grill Hat
1 winner will be drawn for every week of burger month!
All winners will be entered to win a Weber Spirit II E-310 gas grill! Grand prize grill winner will be announced June 4th
A huge thanks to the #BurgerMonth sponsors, American Lamb Board, Anolon, Cabot Cheese, Crow Canyon Home, Melissa’s Produce, Microplane, New York Beef Council, Red Duck, Spiceologist, Veal Made Easy, and Weber Grills.
Southwest Meatloaf Burger
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup crushed corn chips
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup cilantro onion garlic mix see notes for directions
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups frozen corn thawed
- 1 large tomato finely chopped
- Juice of half a lime
- Enchilada sauce for topping
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Evenly divide mixture into four portions. Form into patties.
- Cook in a large skillet or on the grill 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Rest 5 minutes before serving.