This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #justaddrice #CollectiveBias Southwest Veggie Taco Bowls have long grain rice, black beans & roasted seasonal veggies in a homemade tortilla bowl. Perfect for #meatlessMonday and busy weeknight meals. Since moving to Arizona years ago I cook a lot of southwest inspired dishes. We have been cutting back on the amount of meat we eat so I have been making our fave dishes meatless. The boys love tacos in an form so these Southwest Veggie Taco Bowls really hit the spot. [bctt tweet=”Southwest Veggie Taco Bowls #justaddrice #ad #meatless #veggies “] Roasted seasonal veggies and Uncle Ben’s® Long Grain & Wild Rice, Original Recipe make the perfect filling for homemade corn tortilla taco bowls. I used corn, sweet potatoes, onions and peppers but you could mix it up with your own favorites. Kroger family stores are the perfect place to get a great price on Uncle Ben’s® Long Grain & Wild Rice, it’s your one-stop shop for mealtime solutions! We shop there on a weekly basis and I love to stock up on the basics I need to make wholesome dinners. If you struggle with getting rice to come out just right, like Paul… try Uncle Ben’s® Long Grain & Wild Rice Fast Cook Recipe instead. I love the ease and versatility of using Uncle Ben’s® flavored rice in our favorite dishes. These taco bowls are super easy to make too. I was able to find larger corn tortillas for these bowl but you can substitute flour instead. Just flip a muffin tin upside down and form the bowls using the areas between the muffin cups. https://instagram.com/p/8MOqWBotVz/?taken-by=thyme_for_cocktails Follow me on Instagram for other fun tips, sneak peeks and delicious recipe ideas! Be sure to check out other great Uncle Ben’s® flavor options for great recipe ideas. I’d love to hear about your favorite flavor! Enjoy~ Loriann
Southwest Veggie Taco Bowls
- 4 large corn or flour tortillas
- 3 medium sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 ears corn
- 1 small yellow bell pepper diced
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1 large tomato seeded and diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 6-ounce box wild rice
- 1 16-ounce can low sodium black beans drained and rinsed
- Cilantro and limes for garnish
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Form tortillas, brush with oil and bake 6-10 minutes until desired doneness. Remove form oven and set aside.
- Place diced veggies on a large baking tray. Drizzle with oil, lightly salt and pepper.
- Roast 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Add beans during last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Layer rice mixture and veggies in taco bowls.
- Top with diced tomato, avocado and cilantro. Serve immediately.