Just one bowl of my Easy 20 Minute Spicy Rotisserie Chicken Soup will warm you up from the inside out. It has all the good-for-you benefits of classic chicken soup, with an added layer of spicy flavor, and it’s ready in only 20 minutes.
Paul and I are finally in Columbus, Ohio! It’s hard to comprehend just how far we have traveled, and not just the physical miles. When we decided to move less than a month ago, we had no idea what the journey would entail.
Easy 20 Minute Spicy Rotisserie Chicken Soup
I have told this story sooo many times and it’s a dandy, but here is the cliff note version. Both boys moved out-of-state. Our landlord decided to sell the house we were renting. Looked at downsizing in AZ, and the cost involved was ridiculous.
[bctt tweet=”20 Minute Spicy Rotisserie Chicken Soup #spicy #comfortfood” username=”thyme4cocktails”]
Found out friends are moving to Columbus. Found out even more friends already live in Columbus. I can blog from anywhere. Paul has interviews already lined up in Ohio.
Boom. Bam. We sold basically everything and here we are!
For the next few weeks at least, home is an extended stay hotel, while we scout of the city and get a job lined up for Paul. It’s a cozy little room, with a kitchenette, that isn’t far from our stuff in storage. You can see a clip of it here on our Facebook page.
Needless to say cooking is going to be a challenge for a while, but one I look forward to. Up first is my Easy 20 Minute Spicy Rotisserie Chicken Soup, which is a must-have in our new Midwest cold winter weather.
We need recipes that are easy to make in our new digs, with a healthy combination of fresh and quality pre-made ingredients. I hope you enjoy this soup recipe as much as we do. And if you like soup with a little spice, check out my Chipotle Corn Chowder!
20 Minute Spicy Rotisserie Chicken Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 1 small carrot diced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper seeded and diced, plus more for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger freshly grated
- 2 cups rotisseri chicken roughly chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock low sodium
- 2 cups medium egg noodles uncooked
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 thinly sliced green onions green part only, for garnish
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add celery, carrots, and onion, cook 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in jalapeno, garlic and ginger, sauté 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in chicken and stock. Bring to a low boil.
- Add noodles, cook 7-9 minutes until tender. Stir occasionally.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm with green onions and jalapeno slices.