This delicious Summer Berry Crumble Pie is full of seasonal strawberries, blueberries and raspberries topped with a sweet brown sugar crumble.
Summer Berry Crumble Pie
Did you know today is National Donut Day? So why in the heck did I make a pie, right?!
Well if you follow me on Facebook or Snapchat then you saw the donuts I made this morning were a complete #foodiefail
[bctt tweet=”Summer Berry Crumble Pie #seasonal #fruit #pie #organic” username=”thyme4cocktails”]
This Summer Berry Crumble Pie was my baking redemption. Not that I should be baking when the forecast is 108 today! Yes, 108 degrees… Which is nothing compared to tomorrow’s 114+. Some places are anticipating as high as 118 and it is only June!
Welcome to summer in Arizona folks… this time of year is our winter. And that’s because we are sheltered indoors for the next several months with the A/C at an arctic level blast to fight the melting temps outside.
I am sure Paul will have something to say about me running the oven but to my credit it was really early this morning. Basically when the sun came up and it was still in the 80’s.
I took one big short cut by using a frozen organic pie crust, mostly because our freezer is overflowing and it just needed to go. There’s no room for the base of my ice cream maker which is a sin this time of year. Plus I have an ice cream post coming up soon!
Speaking of ice cream, what is your favorite topping for this Summer Berry Crumble Pie?
- 1 9-inch organic frozen pic crust
- 6 cups mixed seasonal berries (sliced strawberries, blueberries and raspberries)
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup flour
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place frozen pie crust on a medium baking sheet.
- In a large bowl stir together berries, sugar, corn starch, salt and lemon zest. Pour mixture into crust.
- Add flour, brown sugar and butter to a separate bowl. Use a fork to cut butter until crumbly.
- Pour topin gover pie.
- Bake 45-60 minutes until golden brown and bubbly. Rest until cooled before serving.