Substitute this Sun Dried Tomato Bacon Ranch Vinaigrette for your usual ranch dressing and enjoy a delightful combination of favorite flavors. Perfect for salads, sandwiches or as a dip!
Sun Dried Tomato Bacon Ranch Vinaigrette
Sometimes a salad dressing really needs to stand on its own rather than being part of a bigger salad picture. When it comes to ranch dressing I like a thinner, tangier, herbier version. If your ranch is thick and *gulp* chunky, we will have to agree to disagree.
[bctt tweet=”Sun Dried Tomato Bacon Ranch Vinaigrette #bacon #ranch #foodie” username=”thyme4cocktails”]
This Sun Dried Tomato Bacon Ranch Vinaigrette is sooo good on sooo many different levels. Slather it on a classic chicken club sandwich for a funky twist, or how about a dip for your favorite veggies… I’m already thinking about a wedge salad, not to mention pasta and chicken salads!
You could dress up your favorite bottle of ranch dressing but I love making it from scratch. Mine has quite a bit on tanginess because my taste buds demand it. But ranch is a very personal thing so go with what makes your face happy!
What would you put this Sun Dried Tomato Bacon Ranch Vinaigrette on? How about this Wedge Salad with Sun Dried Tomato Bacon Ranch Vinaigrette?
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4-6 sun dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- ¼ cup packed parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon agave nectar
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½+ cup buttermilk
- Add garlic, sun dried tomatoes and bacon to a food processor. Pulse to roughly chop.
- Add herbs, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and agave; pulse to finely chop.
- Scoop herb mixture into a medium-sized bowl.
- Stir in yogurt and mayonnaise.
- Slowly add buttermilk to reach desired taste and thickness.
- Store dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Wedge Salad with Sun Dried Tomato Bacon Ranch Vinaigrette