You know what is better than strawberries? Strawberries on top of strawberries on top of strawberries. These Triple Strawberry Waffles are a berry lover’s dream!
Strawberries have been readily available at the grocery store the last few weeks, taunting me with ideas of spring. After receiving delicious goodies from the Arizona Milk Producers at a blogger event I knew a new recipe was in order. The strawberry milk from Danzeisen Dairy and Strawberry Greek Cream Cheese from Green Mountain Farms played perfectly into a fun weekend brunch idea.
We love breakfast any time of day and waffles are definitely at the top of our favorite list. Rather than top our waffles with all the strawberry goodness assembled in front of me, I incorporated it all into the waffles! Yep, I used strawberry milk and whipped cream cheese in the batter then folded in chunks of fresh berries. A little lemon juice helped to enhance the berry flavors.
The results are out of this world! In the end I went all out and topped our waffles with more fresh berries. You could even jazz up your maple syrup with a little strawberry jam or make a strawberry compound butter to max out on fresh strawberry flavor!
Triple Strawberry Waffles
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup strawberry milk
- 3 tablespoons whipped strawberry cream cheese
- 2 medium eggs
- 6-8 medium strawberries finely diced
- 3 tablespoon melted butter
- Heat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together milk and whipped cream cheese until smooth. Whisk in eggs.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry, stirring until just combined. Stir in melted butter and diced strawberries.
- Following manufacturer’s instructions, cook waffles until golden brown and slightly crispy. Serve with desired toppings.