This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BackYourSnack #CollectiveBias
Get ready for game day with this Ultimate Fried Pickles recipe. It is the appetizer of your dreams – a fried pickle topped with creamy 5-ingredient mac and cheese and a juicy cherry tomato.
I grew up with Big 10 football and while it would be years before I gave a hoot about the game, those long Saturday afternoons in the stands instilled in me a love of the experience. I especially remember the food. There was always an abundance of snack food regardless if we were tailgating in the parking lot at the stadium or watching the game at home.
My love of game day food is still strong. Fall Saturday’s at the casa are reserved for spending time with friends, watching whichever game is on, and snacking on delicious treats. Especially fun snacks that don’t take forever to make like my Ultimate Fried Pickles.
Ultimate Fried Pickles Recipe
These little morsels are the end-all be-all of snack hacks. I absolutely adore fried pickles but they are kind of a pain to make. When I saw Farm Rich Crispy Dill Pickles at Walmart the brilliant idea for this recipe came to me. The box went in the cart along with the cutest baby tomatoes.
I love to mix up pre-made items by adding a homemade element like in this Ultimate Fried Pickles recipe. There was something about the idea of a crispy fried pickle topped with a dollop of my 5-Ingredient Mac and Cheese and a teeny tiny cherry tomato that makes me so very happy. All of it is ready in less than 30 minutes too!
- 1 box Farm Rich Crispy Dill Pickles
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1¼ cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare pickles according to package directions.
- Prepare pasta al dente according to package directions.
- Heat a small sauce pan over medium heat. Add butter, cream cheese and milk. Stir until melted. Add cheese, stir until melted. Mix in pasta. Salt and pepper to taste
- Top pickles slices with a small spoonful of mac& cheese. Top with a cheery tomato. Use toothpicks to secure.
- Serve immediately.