Watermelon Jalapeño Daiquiri
Did you know that July 19th is National Daiquiri Day? I have decided we need to start celebrating all the cocktail holidays. Sounds like fun, doesn’t it! And since you know we are all about fresh, seasonal recipes a Watermelon Jalapeno Daiquiri sounds like the perfect way to unwind on a hot summer day. [bctt tweet=”Watermelon Jalapeño Daiquiri #nationaldaiquiriday #fresh #seasonal #cocktails” username=”thyme4cocktails”] Watermelons have such a refreshing quality but I was afraid it would be too sweet for our taste. And that’s where the jalapeño aspect of this cocktail comes into play. Simple syrups are a great way to add sweetness along with other flavors to your cocktails. They are really easy to make, hence the ‘simple’ in the name, with equal parts sugar and water. You really can get super creative with them. I use this same jalapeño version in my Jalapeño Blood Orange Sangria, one of the most popular cocktails to date on the blog! Your neighborhood Fry’s Food Store is a great place to pick up the supplies to make a Watermelon Jalapeño Daiquiri. We have one right across the street and I am there at least 1-2 times a week! On top of that the kid is working there this summer so if I need any last-minute goodies he can bring them home from work. I am a total fan of their fuel points rewards program. I have been maxing out because from now until July 31st you can earn double points on qualifying purchases on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. We get great deals at the store and at the pump! What is your favorite kind of daiquiri? How will you be celebrating #NationalDaiquiriDay? Enjoy~ Loriann
Watermelon Jalapeno Daiquiri
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper seeded and roughly chopped
- 3 cups cubed watermelon frozen
- 1 cup white rum
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- slices Watermelonfor garnish
- slices Jalapeno pepperfor garnish
- Add sugar and water to a small sauce pan. Bring to a low boil, stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add pepper slices to syrup, remove from heat and set aside.
- Cool completely, strain out pepper slices.
- Add watermelon, rum and lime juice to a blender.
- Pulse to puree.
- Add desired amount of jalapeno simple syrup for sweetness and spice.
- Add ice to reach desired consistency.
- Pout into chilled glasses. Garnish with watermelon and jalapeno slices.
- Serve immediately.