Strawberry Jalapeno Bruschetta
Guests can enjoy a sweet and spicy appetizer at your next summer party when you whip up this Strawberry Jalapeno Bruschetta recipe made with less than 10 ingredients in 10 quick minutes.
- 1 large baguette cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pints fresh strawberries stems removed and diced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper seeds removed and finely diced
- 2 tbsp honey plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme plus more for garnish
- 2 4-ounce packages mozzarella cheese cut into thin slices
- 2 tbsp balsamic reduction
Heat a large grill pan over medium heat. Lightly brush bread slices with 2 tablespoons oil. Grill 6-7 minutes until slightly toasted.
In a large bowl mix together strawberries, diced jalapeno, remaining oil, honey, and thyme.
To serve top each bread slice with cheese, a drizzle of balsamic reduction, and desired amount of fruit mixture. Sprinkle with more thyme and honey.
Tip - You can purchase a balsamic reduction like our favorite strawberry reduction or make it yourself. To make is at home add a 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar to a heavy bottomed saucepan, and bring to a low boil. AS SOON as it starts to bubble, reduce the heat as low as you can. Let it simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently. When the syrup separates while you stir, it’s ready. Let cool 1-2 minutes.