Pickled Peach Coleslaw
This Pickled Peach Coleslaw is a sweet and tangy mixture of fresh seasonal veggies. Red cabbage, peaches, poblano peppers and in a tart brine made from cider vinegar and peach preserves.
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 1 quart
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 cups chopped red cabbage
- 1 large carrot finely diced
- 1 rib celery finely diced
- 1 medium poblano pepper seeded and finely diced
- 1 medium shallot finely diced
Add cider vinegar, peach preserves and peppercorns to a medium sauce pan, stirring until preserves dissolve.
Bring to a low boil, reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes until slightly reduced. Let cool 10 minutes.
Place remaining ingredients in a large lidded jar.
Strain peppercorns from brine, pour over vegetables.
Let chill 2-3 at least hours or overnight.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.