Roasted Pepper Sloppy Joes
These slow cooker, flavorful Roasted Pepper Sloppy Joes are full of locally roasted peppers and chiles in a spicy southwest tomato sauce.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 15 mins
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 roasted red bell peppers diced
- 3 roasted green chilies diced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 6 ounces water
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon Montreal seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flake
Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, brown ground beef, drain then place in slow cooker.
Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker, stir to combine,
Cook on low 3-4 hours until ready to serve.
Garnish with grated cheddar cheese and minced dill pickles.