Italian Chicken Chili Mac
This Italian Chicken Chili Mac is full of Italian chicken sausage, white beans and spinach in a hearty homestyle red sauce served over spaghetti topped with cheese.
Servings: 4 -6
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian chicken sausage
- 1 small red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 medium yellow onion finely diced
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 23-ounce jar homestyle pasta sauce
- 1 16-ounce can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups packed spinach
- 1 pound pasta
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
Heat oil a large dutch oven over medium high heat.
Add sausage, break up and cook 4-5 minutes.
Add pepper, onion and garlic, cook 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally.
Stir in sauce and beans, reduce heat to low and simmer 8-10 minutes.
Mix in spinach.
While sauce simmers prepare pasta according to package directions and drain.
To serve top desired amount of pasta with sauce and cheese. Serve immediately.