Chipotle Bourbon Porky Beans
Chipotle Bourbon Porky Beans ~ This delicious skillet meal gives classic pork and beans a boozy twist. Bacon, kielbasa & 2 kinds of beans in a rich chipotle bourbon BBQ sauce.
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1/2 pound bacon cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 12-ounce package kielbasa cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 chipotle pepper finely minced
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon pepper perfect cider vinegar substitute regular cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 2-3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 16-ounce can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 16-ounce can can kidney beans drained and rinsed
Heat a large cast iron skillet to medium heat, add bacon and cook 5-6 minutes until crispy. Remove and drain on a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
Add kielbasa to skillet and brown, 4-5 minutes. Remove and add to plate with bacon.
Add onion and chipotle to skillet, cook 2-3 minutes.
Stir in ketchup, brown sugar and tomato paste, cook 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally.
Stir in chicken stock, scraping bits off bottom of the skillet.
Mix in remaining ingredients plus kielbasa and bring to a low boil.
Reduce heat and simmer 8-10 minutes until sauce thickens.
Stir in bacon and serve immediately.