Summer Berry Panzanella Salad
Summer Berry Panzanella Salad has late summer berries, basil and toasted pieces of pound cake tossed in a sweet honey vinaigrette.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 2 quarts
- 1 10-ounce frozen pound cake thawed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 ounces blueberries
- 6 ounces blackberries
- 6 ounces raspberries
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 8-10 basil leaves chiffonade
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degree. Place cake pieces on a parchment lines baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes until toasted. Tossing occasionally. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
Add toasted cake pieces and berries to a large bowl.
In a small whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour vinaigrette over salad. Toss to coat throughly. chill 30 minutes before serving.