Mini Buffalo Chicken Subs with Ranch Slaw
Mini Buffalo Chicken Subs with Ranch Slaw have crockpot buffalo chicken and dairy-free ranch slaw are piled on a toasted mini sub roll.
Cook Time7 hrs
Total Time7 hrs
- For the chicken~
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breast
- 1 12-ounce bottle buffalo sauce
- 6 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken stock if needed
- For the slaw~
- 4 large ribs celery cut into matchstick sized pieces (approx. 2 cups)
- 2 large lcarrots cut into matchstick sized pieces (approx. 2 cups)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions green part only
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flake
- 3-4 tablespoons plain unsweetened almond milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 mini sub rolls
For the chicken~
Add chicken, garlic, hot sauce and pepper to crockpot. Add stock if needed so liquid covers chicken. Cook on low 6 hours until chicken is cooked through. Remove garlic cloves, shred chicken with forks.
For the slaw~
Add mayonnaise, herbs and seasonings to a jar. Add 2 tablespoons almond milk, shake to combine. Add additional almond milk to reach desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste.
Toss carrots and celery in desired amount of ranch dressing.
Serve buffalo chicken on sub rolls, top with slaw.